At IKEA, it is so much more than a job.
We are looking to welcome Food Co-workers to join our delightful Restaurant & Kitchen teams in Hammersmith.
In the IKEA world, we call this position a Food Co-worker.
Expected Starting Date: 17th June 2023
WHAT WE OFFER
• £11.95 basic hourly rate
• Living Wage Foundation Employer
• 18 hours working 3 days per week, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday availability is essential.
• 30 hours working 5 days per week, fully flexible including weekends
We operate 7 days a week to meet the shopping needs of our customers and our shifts will be between 6.30am and 9.30pm.
• Flexibility on availability to be discussed during interviews
• We offer permanent contracts, advanced scheduling & regular weekend off
WORKING WITH US HAS ITS REWARDS
Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talent to work every day and we offer a variety of benefits that suit their and their family's everyday needs.
• 15% co-worker discount & I-Benefits discount portal helping you save £100’s on Highstreet retailers
• Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal
• X3 Life Assurance, enhanced statutory pension contributions & interest free loans
• Holiday on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
• Family Friendly policies & benefits
• Commitment to your development throughout your IKEA career, starting on your first day
• You can also enjoy a free hot or cold meal option every shift!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE
Are you a team player with a passion for food and people? Do you know your meat ball from your plant ball? If so, then we are looking for you.
We are looking for someone like you to help us deliver a taste of Sweden and a great customer experience with high quality, sustainable food. You will contribute to a passionate and friendly team to deliver a better everyday life for the many, while embracing change with a solution-orientated mindset. This is an extremely fast paced working environment and requires you to multitask, producing and serving food with regular heavy lifting.
Prior experience in food is desirable, but not essential if you have a roll up your sleeve mindset to the various tasks & challenges that present themselves.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
We are a diverse group of people who all live by the motto: Laughter is brightest in the place where the food is! Together we serve more than 660 million customers yearly at the IKEA restaurants worldwide and offer a variety of foods in our bistros and in the “Swedish Food Market”.
As a Food Co-worker, you will report to one of the Food Managers or Team Leaders and work alongside them in the kitchen help to create a safe, healthy, delicious, sustainable, affordable, and joyful food experience for both the customer and the co-worker.
The kitchen is a safety-first, fast-paced environment that requires attention to detail for all things safety and efficient multi-tasking to ensure IKEA remains a safe place for people to shop, work and have fun.
WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE
It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to make great ideas a reality. We welcome candidates from all walks of life to join us, where we feel valued for our uniqueness and recognised for our diverse talents.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS INFORMATION
If you have any special requirements during the interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
First step, please attach an updated CV with your application so we can get to know you better.
Next step, if successful you will be invited to an interview with one of our hiring managers.
Come see things a little differently with us and be part of creating a better everyday life for the many.
IKEA reserves the right to close a job vacancy earlier than originally advertised.
For any advice or support, email email@example.com and I’ll be happy to help!