ตำแหน่งงาน > IKEA Components China – Process Engineer
The task of IKEA Components within IKEA is to pursue the development of future unique and customer-friendly solutions within fittings and components to the IKEA range. We create substantial cost and quality benefits for IKEA in our development and supply of raw materials, components and fittings. IKEA Components is part of the Inter IKEA group and shares the IKEA vision and values. Our business is global and employs 1500 people based in Sweden, Slovakia and China. Through co-operation with IKEA Purchasing and Logistic areas, we are also represented at several other sites around the world.
IKEA Components in China is responsible for packaging and distribution of furniture components. The packaging is done of automatic packaging lines. Right now we are on a growth journey and are planning a new expansion in Nantong. The new factory will be high tech operation running 24/7. In the new factory we will invest in new technique for automatic warehousing and internal logistic.
- Challenge existing solutions by driving creativity and innovation throughout the development process
- Lead the development of new technical solutions and innovations in packaging of furniture components and furniture assembly on both an operational and strategical level.
- Support implementation and change management for new and more efficient solutions on existing packaging machines and equipment.
- Lead and drive innovation with benchmarking on the market to successfully deliver specific exploration challenges
- Lead prototype solutions and prove of concept together with project team
- Increase P&D efficiency (speed vs. cost) in packaging and warehouse processes including quality focus.
- Identify, evaluate, develop and maintain partnerships and potential new technologies (partnering to exploit technologies)
- Establish and maintain IKEA internal and external networks in order to determine where the “technical frontline” in relevant fields is moving
- Challenge our existing ways of working by introducing new ways how to succeed in cost efficiency
- Proactively connect with the business managers, component developers and IOS to translate the business needs into machine and equipment solutions
- Create business case and packing scenario that can bring cost efficiency potentials, better quality, higher packing speed, better working condition etc.
- Excellent knowledge of equipment engineering with focus on automatized production solutions
- Good knowledge in project management methodology (scope, time, resource, KPI and tools) ability to self-drive and lead projects
- Good negotiating technical skills and knowledge to support purchasing processes
- Good knowledge in IKEA business, and understanding of cost drivers and relevant production/packaging models, cost benefits calculations
- Good knowledge about IKEA packaging specifications and material requirements within machinery
- Good knowledge and experience in IT systems and digitalization focus (Machine PLC software, Machine IT tools)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good ability to build relationships with all levels of co-workers both internal and with external partners
- Good knowledge in creating, reading and understanding technical drawings
- Good knowledge of process and machine development, continues improvement methods, Lean and practical experience from industrial area
Do you have what it takes to challenge and uphold an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality?
We are looking for you who together with us at IKEA Components China and we actively want to build people and business together and ensure that we are an excellent place to work and develop. IKEA Components in China stands in front of a fantastic journey, with ambitious expansion plans to build a new factory for our packaging operations in Nantong.
This role is leading innovation development projects to substantially increase competitiveness for IKEA by implementing forefront technology and continuously improve existing solutions and equipments in P&D with high performance, quality and availability at lower costs. Innovation agenda is based on IKEA direction and P&D strategy.
Are you passionate about leading people and developing business? Do you want to be part of something big? Then this might be the next challenge for you.
Please contact responsible HR Emma Xu for more details.