The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
IKEA Jurong is a unique city centre store in a popular shopping mall. It is a smaller store with a big turnover and with 3 million visitors. It will be lead by an ambitious team consisting of the Store, Commercial, Operations, IKEA Food and a Retail Foundation Manager.
· Ensure a safe and secure environment for co-workers and customers through training, audits, inspections and standard and national/local legal demands;
· Meet IKEA intended level of Safety & Security by achieving positive results during Sec Check and Insurance inspections;
· Ensure quality reporting and handling of all incidents through online incident reporting system;.
· Conduct compliance checks and reviews on health, safety and security standards in the unit, document them, and ensure that actions are implemented and followed up by the responsible;
· Accountable for investigation of internal and external incidents and recommending resolution and revision of routines are necessary;
· Work closely with Safety & Security Manager to ensure IKEA Standards, Risk Management frameworks as well as legal demands are followed;
· Ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency of security company within the unit including crowd management on peak days.
· Strong management and leadership experience;
· Good working knowledge of all areas of IKEA business;
· Experience of effectively manage change;
· Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
· Experience in setting and implementing long-term strategic plans, setting budgets and following up on goals;
· Able to react confidently to critical situations and act appropriately to minimise risks to people and the business.