The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
Reporting to the Safety & Security Manager, you will lead and manage a large team of Safe Distancing Ambassadors (SDA) and Ushers to ensure IKEA Tampines is a safe environment for customers to shop. You keep yourself updated on the latest safe management measures ensure the team is knowledegable on the local rules and legislation to perform their duties effectively.
1. Timekeeping for co-workers
· You will work closely with the Staff Planner to plan the work schedule of the co-workers
You will assist in closing the timecard of the co-workers to ensure the co-workers are paid correctly.
· You will work with the Staff Planner on coverage issues and manage deployments to ensure operations coverage is not compromised
· You will induct new hires on their role and responsibilities
· You will support operations by walking the floor to ensure the SDA and Ushers are doing their role in ensuring IKEA is a safe place to shop and work
· You will assist in crowd control and encourage the practice of safe management measures guidelines
· You will provide status updates on ground situation and escalate matters to the Duty Manager and Safety & Security if you identify risks in the operations
3. Other Duties
· You will work closely with HR on the hiring of new co-workers, resignations or disciplinary related issues
· Other ad-hoc duties as per assigned
You are knowledgeable on Safe Management Measures according to local legislation
You possess leadership qualities with minimum 2 years of supervisory experience, preferably in a retail/hospitality/regimented sector
You are physically fit as the job requires prolonged standing and walking to move to various locations
You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
You are a problem solver who is able to handle challenging situation
You are able to work according to the store retail hours, including both weekends and public holidays
Preferably able to commence immediately or on short notice
FULL TIME (6 MONTHS) CONTRACT
42.5 HOURS PER WEEK INCLUSIVE OF BOTH WEEKENDS DURING STORE OPERATING HOURS (AM/PM)