We believe you are passionate about creating a new IKEA fit for the future and get inspired by working together in an ever-changing multi-dimensional environment. You get energized by increasing customer value, driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through people. We believe you feel motivated by leading and developing people through co-creation with colleagues and other IKEA units and that you share land live the IKEA culture and values.
To be successful in the role you have solid experience in business development with successful example of developing businesses and delivering results. In addition, you need a significant experience both in leading and influencing teams and in managing change in a complex business environment.
Finally experience working within a multicultural organisation adds extra value.
You have knowledge in following:
• project management processes including methods and tools;
• customers’ living situations and retail trends in the different areas around the world as well as their needs, expectations and shopping behaviour;
• consumer and retail trends that influence home furnishing expectations and shopping behaviour;
• able to see market potential in existing and new markets;
• business knowledge and experience in developing businesses;
• strategic expansion planning process.
Moreover, you have the ability to manage a high degree of uncertainty in a complex context and the qualities to “find a way through” while working with ambiguous and complicated topics. As a person you want to facilitate, inspire and motivate others and you have the ability to be proactive and self-motivated team player who can work with limited direction. Last but not least you have a holistic view of global organisations and can identify business opportunities accordingly.
In this role you will lead people within the country project team to prepare, plan and organize Customer Meeting Point (CMP) initiatives, manage dependencies, develop and open new IKEA CMPs.
• embed the agreed organizational development principles, framework and methodology to achieve IKEA group and country objectives via partnering with the different stakeholders;
• be a change agent role model, coach and mentor to the country organisation in order to understand the way to work with process with IKEA culture and values as the foundation;
• plan, organize, execute and follow up projects according to IKEA expansion process and applicable delivery methodology;
• manage dependencies and interfaces between projects, line and global organisation;
• manage time, cost, scope and quality of the development projects, including how to organise and work in a simple, lean and cost-efficient way;
• lead and secure a competent and high performing project team;
• manage communication by planning and distributing relevant information and learnings to the different stakeholders within our organization;
• identify, mitigate, monitor and control risks;
• manage stakeholders by identifying stakeholders, planning for stakeholder management and following up on engagement;
• lead positive change, and contribute to building a more unique, inclusive and accessible IKEA - guided by the People and Planet Positive commitments;
• take lead in working across functions within our Group and collaborate with other IKEA units;
• take lead in driving an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values;
• lead positive change, and contribute to building a more unique, inclusive and accessible IKEA - guided by the People and Planet Positive commitments.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
With the customer at the heart of everything we do, the Market Expansion team takes responsibility for implementing the strategic expansion plan for Italy. We act upon business needs based on market data and we optimize accessibility and penetration of the local market. We implement our retailing concepts and secure that we fully utilise our assets in the new world of IKEA – all at lowest cost, with economy of scale and sustained profitability.