You see things a little differently. So do we! We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
Within the ‘IKEA Consumer & Market Insights’ - team we are looking for a Market Insight specialist.
IKEA is about making things better. All the way from the factory floors to the homes of the many people. We have a passion for renewing and improving things. This is part of our DNA. But how do we know what’s better or what to improve? By unleashing the potential of data and creating insights about our markets and consumers. It is about taking quicker and better decisions with facts as a base, enabling people to focus on value adding tasks.
Inter IKEA Systems (Core Business Franchise) owns the IKEA Concept and is the worldwide IKEA franchisor. We are specifically responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, ensuring the IKEA Concept is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up – together with all IKEA trademark users.
How do we do this? By enabling people across the IKEA value chain, and creating unique content to develop the IKEA business.
An important part of our success is our unique culture and open working environment. Together, we create a workplace where everyone feels free to be themselves – to experiment, try new ways, and dare to ask, “What if…?” We believe in everyday personal growth and offer the opportunity to develop your career globally.
Read more about us at: franchisor.IKEA.com
Come join us!
We are looking for a Market Insight Specialist who can contribute to the development of a strong and relevant IKEA franchise offer, by leading the Market Insights assignment, ensuring ongoing development and delivery of insights based on rich market data connected to the 3 billion people objective IKEA has set.
You will closely work with stakeholders who work with market and pricing data throughout the IKEA value chain, the project team on the supplier side and the extended insights an business solution teams. You will secure the delivery of market insights that inspire and enable IKEA people globally to make well founded decisions.
In this role you will support IKEA by leading the Market Insight assignment, including:
· Leading market insight initiatives in an agile way together with the DevOps product team that is responsible for the strategic market insight solution. In particular the role will involve driving big global initiatives.
· Identifying market insight needs and translating them into project plans, describing how the business questions are answered and which methodologies and data sources will be used.
· Analyzing and integrating different sources of data into clear business conclusions, connecting the dots across different sources to draw unique insight and enabling the stakeholder teams to translate and implement these into business actions
· Contribute to cross-functional development projects, ensuring that methods and preconditions are in place to gain deeper market insights that will benefit IKEA globally
· Presenting market insights in meetings with management and key stakeholders to present data and insights in an understandable and impactful way.
· Selecting and guiding external partners to guarantee that the right data and knowledge is coming in to answer the business and research questions, within the agreed budget frame.
· Guide the development in the business solution area (digital and IT part of the team) of new formats to deliver knowledge and insights (e.g. dashboards, data exploration tools)
· Working closely with insight competence specialist to ensure competence needed for the best use of insights is secured.
· Attending relevant forums/meetings, supporting to create a culture of insight across IKEA organizations.
· Leading and working closely together with peers across the totality of Core Business Franchise and across IKEA
You are a down-to-earth team player who is driven by togetherness, simplicity and common sense and eager to take initiatives and achieve results together with others. You strive for constant renewal to move our business forward by providing knowledge, services and solutions with a customer centric mind set. We also believe you will need to have a combination of the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Education and experience:
o A Master degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Behavioural Science, Economics, or similar
o At least 8 years past relevant experience in domain of market insight
o Past experience in leading projects, ideally in the area of research insight.
o Relevant experience in in one of the following areas: retail, brand building, product range development, supply chain
o Experience in data analysis and visualisation tools are a plus
o Experience working in complex multinational organisations
o In-depth Knowledge of using insight products, methods and tools to help the business make better decisions.
- Good Knowledge of research design, methods and trends
- Capability to build trustful relationships with stakeholders, business partners and franchisees.
- Communication skills, including active listening and the ability to communicate/visualize complex issues in a clear, engaging way.
- Capability to collaborate and work in processes, engaging different IKEA competences in the network.
- Actively build a knowledge sharing network and competence to enable constant development in the IKEA value chain.
- Capability to analyse, draw conclusions and act on them with a holistic business understanding.
- Ability to cope with uncertainty and find new solutions without all the answers in place
- Good facilitation skills
- A passion for project management and working with data, insight, and knowledge; Willing to impact the future of insight and data at IKEA
- Curious about what makes a business and brands perform and be desired by consumers
- A growth mind-set; curious to explore and eager to learn.
- Energy, driven and commitment to deliver results.
- Enjoy developing IKEA by building relationships, partnerships and networks.
Inter IKEA Systems offers an exciting work environment in a global marketplace with exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us. You will be part of a flexible, values-driven and open organisation and get the opportunity to work with a fantastic brand! This is a full time position (40 hours per week) based in Delft in the Netherlands. You will report to the Strategy & Market Insight Manager .
Are you interested in the position? Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English by 4 November 2020. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work at IKEA and why you would be a good fit for this role.