Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Provide opportunities for both personal and professional development so that every co-worker is equipped
to confidently contribute to a strong sense of personal commitment. Also, contribute to securing an
exceptional learning environment by providing expertise, experience, and knowledge of learning tools,
methodology, and the best practices which facilitate personal as well as professional development for all coworkers.
- To assess the learning & development needs of the organization based on each individual co-worker assessment, line manager feedback, business plan priorities, KPI’s and the other relevant sources of input.
- To attract, develop and inspire co-workers by realizing the Human Resources Idea.
- To investigate alternative learning methods/media.
- To provide a store with the necessary education/training tools and/or support to meet the store’s needs.
- To ensure the communication of learning and development opportunities for all co-workers.
- To review the effectiveness of the training programs and recommend alternatives.
- To be actively involved in the development of the HR function.
- To create an environment where IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
- General retailing experience
- 3-5 years of Experience in working with training & development section preferably in large retail organization
- Ability to translate training need into right form of training programs
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance
- Must have strong mediation and counseling skills
- Ability to assess skills gaps and evaluates the effectiveness of a training intervention
- Must have the ability to form strong business relationships at all levels in the organization
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Communication skills
- Must be able to speak and understand English & Arabic
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to share knowledge and training
- Must have ability and sense of active training
- Must have an interest in home furnishing
- Leadership skills
- Must have proven leadership abilities and lead by example
- Able to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations
- Must have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors
• Ability and willingness to coach, support and develop others
• Very high communication and relationship skills
• A strong self-drive and ability to take initiatives
• Good organizational skill
• Ability to foresee and respond to current and future business needs
• Ability to use creative problem-solving skills in conjunction with IKEA’s core values
• Develop and maintain relationships and confidences with all levels.