• Business risk management: Knowledge of how to assess and mitigate risks in a business environment. • Project management: Knowledge of how to initiate, plan, execute, control and close a project. • Construction management: Knowledge of how to initiate, plan, organize, execute and manage the construction of Ingka properties according to the latest Ingka standards • Software relevant for Construction: Knowledge of tools for timeline management (e.g. MS Project), document management (e.g CAD manual, Projectplace, Hummingbird), design management (e.g. AutoCad for 2D or Revit, Navisworks fro 3D), and other common software (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point) • Innovative and open to new solutions with a passion for doing business, always keeping sustainability in mind. • Leading business and people together. • Deliver results within a given framework. • Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers. • Be service minded and customer driven • Cost control: Knowledge of how to implement a budget starting from the Land IR, till the final cost estimate and later on the CFU (Cost Follow Up); included the knowledge of appropriate tools, Cost Groups, cost benchmarking and how to recognize and prevent any deviation • Timeline management: Knowledge of how to set a realistic timeline for a construction site, and how to recognize and prevent any deviation • Construction Procurement and Market: Knowledge of the internal procurement procedures in regards to construction activities within the project, included the knowledge of the local construction market • Permission process: Knowledge of local and national authority permission process in regards to design and construction activities throughout the project development, included the knowledge of processes, ways of working, rules etc. • Construction market, development & trends: Knowledge of the local and national construction standards, codes and rules, including their cost drivers and structures. • Construction HSE (Health, Safety and Environment): Knowledge of how to create a safe construction site and environment for all the site people that is compliant with IKEA Way of Working (IWAY) and national safety and environment standards. • Property safety: Knowledge of requirements (company specific and local/national) in providing a structurally safe property, equipped with life safety & property protection systems (e.g. fire protection systems) • Quality management in construction: Knowledge of internal requirements, methods and tools to set up and secure quality during design and construction work throughout the project development and during the warranty period (post-project) • Construction contracts and legal issues: Knowledge of Ingka and local construction and design contract types, with their relevant attachment, included a basic knowledge of the most common legal issues and claims, throughout the project development and during the warranty period (post-project) • Sustainable construction: Knowledge about BREEAM and LEED including evaluation of low impact construction materials
• Responsible to ensure delivery of safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solution that meet the needs of the business and the many people
• Participate and contribute in the development in the Cluster of how to engage with designers and contractors in the projects to continuously find cost efficient and innovative project delivery by optimizing the use of our partners and stakeholder’s competence and knowledge into the projects. Work and engage closely with Procurement to identify best for IKEA sourcing options and procurement strategies. Work and engage closely with Engineering to optimize, innovate and develop the best for project methods for designconstruct interaction.
• Implement all Construction Project delivery strategies, methods and procedures developed in the Cluster and align implementation and communication of those activities with all internal and external stakeholders within the current key competence areas:
1. Project Estimate, Budget & Cost Management
2. Project Delivery & Procurement Strategy: Business strategies for engaging with Design and Construction Industry including Contractual models, Collaboration strategies, Tendering & Selection Process, Dispute avoidance & resolution
3. Pre and On site Construction Project Management
4. Scheduling & Risk Management
5. Health and Safety including IWAY compliance for Construction Projects
• Responsible to secure that new properties are built to optimal lifecycle cost
• Ensure that external partners, when needed, has up-to-date awareness and understanding of all Construction frameworks, guidelines and initiatives issued by Group Real Estate.
• Secure that project budget estimates and time schedules are in place for input to investment approval purposes.
• Secure that procurement, contractors, permits, budgets and cost follow up are in place for the project
• Manage the detailed architectural and engineering design of the project in accordance with Ingka standards, manuals and guidelines.
• Provide technical and cost input to internal Ingka partners in the project process
• Lead the internal co-operation between Real Estate, core areas, and external co-operation between authorities, consultants, suppliers and contractors.
• Lead external and internal counterparts to ensure project construction is executed correctly to satisfy the project requirements of site safety, quality, time and budget.
• Ensure satisfactory hand-over of completed areas for retail build-up in accordance with an agreed schedule and scope.
• Ensure satisfactory commissioning, testing, training and hand-over of technical and building systems to the building facilities co-workers, including the provision of all necessary documentation.
• Support and cooperate in construction projects within the cluster and where specific competence is needed
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
Without us our many co-workers and customers wouldn’t have an IKEA to go to. We make sure to secure, build and maintain our physical locations - from stores to offices to factories – to meet the needs of the many people. Together we lead the way in delivering safe, compliant, sustainable, and innovative solutions for every property. And we feel a great sense of pride in seeing everything working smoothly!
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you have job specific questions please contact Evgeny Punanov (firstname.lastname@example.org). Warmly welcome with your application!