Most people see a table. You see the challenges of getting it to customers. We work hard to make sure everyone’s voice is heard and that everyone can make a difference. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. Come see things a little bit differently with us.
About the job
The purpose of the job is to forecast and plan the capacity need on a strategic, tactical and operational level. This capacity forecast will serve as the foundation for the procurement process and operational frame for the Transport & Logistics Services organization. Efficient and effective capacity planning in collaboration with all supply chain stakeholders contributes to securing product availability at the lowest total cost, as well as enabling excellence in operational performance.
About the assignment
The Capacity Planner plays an active and essential role on the IKEA team, requiring a variety of job tasks and responsibilities on a daily basis. Among other things you:
· Supports the development for overall logistical operational performance from a capacity planning perspective and is responsible for defining needed capacities and requirements within a geographical area.
· Monitors, analyzes, controls, and follows up capacity planning with the goal to secure quality and availability for our customers, as well as cost efficiency.
· Provides network and volume forecasts on a solution level as a base for financial cost planning.
· Provides an operational capacity plan by defining the needed capacity on route level to secure agreements in accordance with the operational frame.
· Provides input to relevant stakeholder teams to secure the right capacity with external service providers and internal stakeholders.
· Creates the right pre-conditions for accurate and stable capacity plans by securing necessary system updates based on upcoming network changes.
· Creates transparency on network and volume changes to identify procurement needs and capacity requirements for stakeholders from an end-to-end goods flow perspective.
· Takes the lead in the alignment and interaction with all relevant IKEA supply chain stakeholders to secure accurate and reliable capacity plans.
· Leads and contributes to projects and/or global assignments
IKEA Purchasing Services (US) Inc.’s main office is in King of Prussia, PAand is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. IKEA stores offer almost 10,000 affordable home furnishing products and solutions. Today there are over 415 IKEA stores in 49 countries around the world.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
You understand what the IKEA Brand stands for, and how IKEA values are a reflection of your own values. You have a passion for supply chain and improving performance.
You are a self-motivated person with the proven ability to work well as part of a team, as well as independently. You are passionate about developing yourself and others to reach common business goals.
Additionally, you have/are:
· A university degree in logistics, economics, business administration and/or relevant working experience
· Good knowledge of Supply Chain Management, Planning, and Logistics
· High proficiency in Microsoft Office and BI applications
· Passionate about data analysis and presentation
· Enjoy a structured way of working with the ability to work within and meet set deadlines.
· Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Are willing to travel domestically and internationally (25%)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.