We are looking for you who are passionate about creating IKEA fit for the future.
You get energized by increasing customer value, driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through people. Furthermore you are motivated by leading and developing people through co-creation and inspired by working together in an ever-changing multi-dimensional environment. Sharing the IKEA values comes naturally to you.
We believe that you have a Bachelor or Master Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics or a related field and you are professionally qualified accountant ACA/ACCA or local equivalent with strong knowledge Gaap.
Moreover you have more than 10 years of experience with increased responsibility in accounting or finance related field and more than 4 years of experience as a leader in a larger international structure where you have proven skills in developing people and provide support, coaching, training and career direction to others. Furthermore you have a strong ability to prioritize, provide clear directions and multitask as well as ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English.
You have knowledge in the following areas:
• broad knowledge of the measurement, processing and communication of financial information regarding economic entities, which aims to document the organizations’ resource management
• broad knowledge of accounting and financial reporting rules, standards and manuals, along with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• advanced knowledge of how to assess, analyse and mitigate risks in a business environment
• broad knowledge of how to plan, measure financial records in compliance with internal and external regulations and ensuring value for money in reaching business objectives and long term profitable growth
• good understanding of data science, new technologies, analytics and their wide ranging application in business context
• advanced knowledge of how to create and implement change initiatives and manage stakeholders
• good knowledge of project management processes including methods and tools; and how to integrate them
You are a strategic, tactical and operational business partner who uses your strong analytical skills to translate business needs into financial consequences and solutions.
You are a strong network- and relationship builder both within and outside the organization and you have the ability to recognize external trends and translate them into business opportunities. With excellent communication skills, you influence decisions and create energy and commitment within the organisation that inspires individuals and teams to accomplish organisational goals. You are also change oriented, with the ability to handle a constantly changing environment with many different stakeholders and demands.
The Group Financial Controlling team leads the Financial Controlling Function providing support to the three core-businesses IKEA Retail, Ingka Centres and Ingka Investments.
The purpose with this position is to lead, steer and support overall Ingka financial reporting that is beneficial to people & planet and protects and adds value to our assets, securing profitable growth and financial independence. By providing Accounting & Reporting services, supporting a strong compliance framework, and effective governance to enable entrepreneurship and safeguard our people, customers and businesses.
• lead the development of the financial controlling team based on the global finance, organisational and people development direction to secure the right competences, performance and succession
• secure the development and maintenance of financial structures to follow-up cost and performance and support decision making in line with global frameworks
• works closely together with Business Navigation to create insight in costs and performance and support business steering based on standard global frameworks (e.g. accounting, reporting, internal control)
• enable business navigation to create insights in costs and performance for central Group & Service Functions as well as functional costs throughout the Group and secure an effective and efficient recharging process
• be responsible for variance analysis, reviewing and challenging reported actuals and forecasts and first level of commentary
• secure working together with local and/or centralised Accounting & Reporting Operations to ensure relevant, complete, accurate and timely Accounting and Reporting Financial and Management reporting based on standard global frameworks and local legal requirements
• be responsible to minimise, together with relevant stakeholders, deviations from standard global frameworks for business needs and compliance reasons and secures effective ways of working
• contribute to global projects to develop financial operations and reporting
• lead effective governance and management with insight in financial performance, position and liquidity and support investment decisions and financial planning
• secure and supervise the effective implementation of the internal control framework in the financial operations and reports on legal entity and global level on effectiveness
• work together with Legal and Tax teams to ensure compliance with legal and tax requirements
• secure and maintain a connection with and between core areas, business owners, group functions, process teams within the Ingka Group
• secure cross-organisational readiness and continued business growth in terms of competence, performance and succession through enabling an end-to-end approach
• ensure a safe environment for co-workers and external consultants and contractors in accordance with internal policies
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
To enable business transformation and secure Ingka Group long term profitable growth and independence through financial steering and decision support, operational excellence and compliance.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
In this role you will report to the Group Function Financial Controlling Manager.
If you have job specific questions please contact the Group Function Financial Controlling manager Helena Andersson at email@example.com.
This role is located in Malmö.