To provide leadership in the CDC unit in Sustainability questions, towards our vision of “creating a better everyday life for the many people”. The Sustainability Developer will actively support the CDC to meet the global and local Sustainability goals as outlined in the IKEA Group Sustainability Strategy “People & Planet Positive”.
• University degree (Environmental Studies, Sustainability Science), documented in-depth knowledge about Sustainability or equivalent working experience in a leadership role.
• Fluency in English.
• A clear understanding and passion for the IKEA values.
• Responsible for building and developing relationships with local community groups that align with the IKEA values and to partner with these groups to better the lives of the co-workers’ local communities.
• Educate, influence and lead the co-worker engagement of sustainability within the site, and build engagement for site specific and IKEA global sustainability goals.
• As part of the site facility team, be the leader in Sustainability, and ensure the monitoring, reporting and management of waste and diversion goals are integrated into the daily business.
• Verify that the site is both compliant with IKEA goals, as well as any applicable sustainable and environmental legislation.
• Co-ordinate and lead the Sustainability related work within the CDC Toronto based on the DS 2020 Roadmap for Sustainability and to ensure compliance with IKEA’s short and long term sustainability initiatives.
• Take leadership of the Social and Sustainable committee, with both projects in the community, and sustainable initiatives within the CDC Toronto.
• Self-reliant and motivated with the proven ability to work independently, with little supervision and also the ability to work within a team structure.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to educate and inspire a variety of audiences both verbally and in writing.
• Passion for sustainability.
• Ability to build trustful relationships.
• Acts as a good example and culture bearer according to IKEA values.
• Basic analytical and problem solving skills.