The IKEA vision is "to create a better everyday life for the many people". We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region, such as the Philippines.
We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
Visit www.ikea.ph to find out more about us at IKEA Philippines.
Reporting to the Store Manager, this SENIOR MANAGEMENT role is responsible for navigating the growth of the IKEA store, and steer the business towards sustained long-term growth, optimal financial and business performance and profitability.
• You lead the store Business Plan process, together with the Store Manager and Management Team, and proactively work with local market data to understand people’s life at home and our customers' experience in our different touch points to provide relevant insights;
• You drive and coordinate the financial business planning process, and ensure that the financial dimensions are aligned with store challenges and priorities, while involving and creating commitment among stakeholders when setting goals;
• Together with the Commercial Team, you identify commercial opportunities and promote the use of business case thinking when evaluating and acting on these;
• You have full understanding of the Profit & Loss for the store, and steer actions to provide a store in shape as new, reducing costs and considering all impact on the P&L. You follow up results, create forecasts, and (if needed) activate scenario plans;
• You optimize and develop store business performance continuously by implementing best practices, identifying opportunities and following-up benchmarks' KPIs;
• You provide relevant, user-friendly business information, promoting standardized reporting and securing competence in the organization to allow for analysis and understanding of performance to make optimal business decisions;
• You ensure that all investments are done with a proper analysis or business ROI, considering all aspects of the different projects;
• You provide a safe, secure and compliant environment for our customers, suppliers and co-workers. You secure implementation of relevant rules and guidelines in the areas of Risk and Compliance, cash administration routines, accounting rules etc.;
• You are seen by co-workers in all functions as an approachable, trustworthy and knowledgeable speaking partner, who leads by example and takes a multi-dimensional approach to steer the business;
• You lead and develop leaders and teams in the areas of responsibility of the BNO function. You identify and develop talents and secure succession planning.
• You have a strong passion for home furnishing / retailing as well as genuine interest in customers;
• You have a degree in Business / Finance / Economics / other related courses, with at least 10 years of management experience in a high volume or multi-unit retail environment, who can quickly understand local market conditions, capitalize on short- and long-term business opportunities, and able to translate business needs into financial consequences and solutions;
• You possess strategic, analytical and tactical abilities, and are able to develop in-depth knowledge of local market demographics and economic conditions, with proven record of setting and implementing action plans, and providing clear directions, and following up of goals;
• You have proven leadership capabilities in a changing business environment, able to lead by example and bring out the best in co-workers, motivating and developing the organization, and able to influence in a matrix organization;
• You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong sense of urgency and result orientation, and high level of Integrity and maturity.
This role requires flexibility in work hours, depending on store operational requirements.
Temporary work location will be at the 17th Floor, No. 8 Rockwell Building, Hidalgo Drive, Makati City, Philippines.