• Mechanical aptitude with Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC knowledge is required.
• Energy management systems knowledge
• Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
• Knowledge of fire and security systems
• Multi-tasking skills Computer literacy
• Interest in home furnishings
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. (25 kg)
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Ensure the store & property is clean, safe and fully operational for the safety, convenience and comfort of our visitors & coworkers.
• Work along side the Facilities Manager to ensure department goals are met.
• Complete work orders and preventative maintenance routines and procedures as scheduled according to Commercial Review guidelines.
• Take timely and appropriate actions based on your findings during building, property and maintenance inspections.
• Contribute to IKEA’s environmental commitments by implementing & maintaining Energy & Waste management programs in the store.
• Promptly respond to all emergency situations as required.
• Implement Facility department routines and procedures
Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworkers and customers
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur