What you'll need to have
• You have a creative personality with entrepreneurial ideas, and a great deal of motivation of leading your team and making your Meeting place thrive!
• This role is for you who dreams of developing Tiare Shopping into something that makes it even more dynamic, attractive, and relevant for the many people.
• You enjoy having the very important role as a Meeting Place Manager, both responsible for the strategic direction of the Meeting place, as well as leading safe business operations, including the safety of the people working in the Meeting place.
• You are driven to continuously increase visitation to the Meeting place and IKEA by always improving the customer journey and customer experience. You find new ways to make your Meeting place relevant, by continuously improve and provide a unique offer based on your deep knowledge, and ability to analyze and understand the daily needs and desires of your customers.
• And, most of all, you have strong leadership capabilities and always act as a role model for your team by strongly believing and acting according to the IKEA values in everything you do.
• By developing a vision and strategy for the Meeting place, you inspire everyone who comes through the door – from co-workers, to customers, visitors, communities and partners. During the implementation of a specific project, you know exactly how to distribute responsibilities among the members of the Meeting place team in such a way as to make the most effective use of the professional skills of each of them.
• You also take as an important role for yourself to develop and make your team autonomous and to lead their initiatives. You enable them, coach them, and make them trust themselves.
What you'll be doing day to day
As Meeting Place Manager for Tiare Shopping your task is to run and develop a Meeting place that exceed our customers' expectations. In Tiare, you will also be part of strengthening IKEA through our active local community engagement.
More specifically, you will:
• develop the business and the offer
• lead a Meeting Place team in the daily work as well as in strategy and business planning
• develop a range of unique, interesting and attractive retailers and services for the Meeting Place that meets the needs and desires of our visitors
• work together with IKEA to enhance our common customer experience, increase conversion, deliver operational results and increase the value of the Meeting Place
• engage and invite the local community and its residents to jointly implement ideas and projects at our Meeting Place that create a better everyday life for the many people
• through your leadership, constantly strive to make the Meeting Place the best possible workplace for our partners/tenants
• take responsibility for our sustainability agenda and act to ensure that we meet our ambition goals for becoming people & planet positive
About this work area
We’ve embarked on an exciting journey to transform our shopping centres into destinations always anchored by IKEA, and that go way beyond shopping, offering a carefully selected series of activities, events and initiatives tailored to the needs of the communities that surround them.
That’s what we call “Meeting places”.
As a long-term partner of IKEA, we share our vision, our culture and our values, while what makes our businesses different is the way we fulfil our vision. If the idea of IKEA is to create a better life at home, we work hard to create a better everyday life outside of the home by developing virtual and physical Meeting places where people can meet shop, and connect with their communities.
We have big plans for the future that involve expanding to new locations, opening smaller-scale concepts closer to the city centres, digitalisation, and most of all, living up to shared sustainability goals. We’re constantly looking for energetic, purpose-led and creative people who’d like to join us on our journey to create Meeting places around the world.