As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance. You are energized by increasing customer value, driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through people as well as motivated by leading and developing people.
For this role we believe you have:
• Formal education in Accounting;
• Basic knowledge of Belgian accounting principles;
• Basic business knowledge and cross functional understanding of Ingka’s operations;
• Basic understanding of company Belgian legal (GAAP, Tax, statistical) obligations, governance and compliance;
• Ability to communicate in 3 languages (Dutch, French and English).
You have knowledge in the following areas:
• Comprehensive understanding of the IKEA concept, its Brand identity, Culture & Values and strategic directions;
• Comprehensive knowledge of IKEA business, its market and industry; knowledge of Ingka group's core business operations and key interactions between businesses/functions;
• Broad knowledge of Ingka’s business, financial and operational processes, their inter-dependencies and how to work through them;
• Advanced knowledge of the measurement, processing and communication of financial information regarding economic entities, which aims to document the organizations’ resource management;
• Advanced knowledge of Ingka’s Belgian accounting, and financial and tax reporting rules, standards and manuals, along with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
• Advanced knowledge of how to assess, analyse and mitigate risks in a business environment;
• Advanced knowledge of how to plan, measure financial records in compliance with internal and external regulations and ensuring value for money in reaching business objectives and long term profitable growth;
• Good understanding of data science, new technologies, analytics and their wide ranging application in business context;
• Advanced knowledge of how to create and implement change initiatives and manage stakeholders in Ingka;
• Good knowledge of project management processes including methods and tools; and how to integrate them;
• Good knowledge of the customer needs, demands and expectations on the markets.
To lead, steer and support overall Ingka financial reporting that is beneficial to people & planet and protects and adds value to our assets, securing profitable growth and financial independence. By providing Accounting & Reporting services, supporting a strong compliance framework, and effective governance to enable entrepreneurship and safeguard our people, customers and businesses.
• Prepare, post and reconcile journal entries like SAREC+, costs and revenues, accruals, intercompany charges, administrative tasks linked to treasury (cash flow) and functional adjustments;
• Secure all relevant data is processed accurately, timely and according to accounting framework;
• Contribute to increase quality and improve our work;
• Support internal and external audit related work, yearly filings and other compliance activities;
• Support as a contact window of specific companies and take care of all A&R related activities for responsible companies;
• Maintain an understanding of business activities, innovation of technologies, and global transformation;
• Contribute the implementation of the changes from both global and local directions relating to accounting;
• Support local and global projects with A&R expertise;
• Support and maintain a connection with and between core areas, business owners, group functions, process teams within the IKEA Group;
• Maintain cross-organisational readiness and continued business growth in terms of competence, performance and succession through enabling an end-to-end approach;
• Contribute to a safe environment for co-workers and external consultants and contractors in accordance with IKEA policies;
In this role you will report to the Accounting & Reporting Manager.
This role is located in Zaventem.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We see ourselves as influencers – we steer the IKEA business by finding the truth behind the figures. Together we secure compliance with local and international laws and reporting standards; we assure that accounting processes are efficient and that tax compliance meets business needs. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders. At the end of the day, that’s one of the foundations to make IKEA even better!