As a person you are passionate about creating an IKEA fit for the future. You get inspired by working together in an ever-changing multi-dimensional environment and energized by collaborate to drive business growth and contribute to success and results. Increasing customer value is one of motivations as well as finding new ways through co-creation with colleagues and other IKEA units and living the IKEA culture and values.
We believe you have minimum 5 years of experience of developing businesses and delivering results and minimum 2 years of experience in leading and influencing teams. You have experience from managing change in a complex business environment and proven advanced training in PPS (Practical Project Steering) for project leaders or equivalent.
You have knowledge in following areas:
• Proven and strong project management and cost management skills
• how to improve existing ways of working
• IKEA Retailing experience and standards
• about IKEA governance process and elaboration of investment requests
• IKEA Retail Establishment and connected processes
• local market strategies, priorities and expansion planning process
• IKEA concept, brand objectives, values and vision
• how to create and implement change initiatives and manage stakeholders in IKEA
• the IKEA multichannel shopping experience
In addition you have the ability to take responsibility from start to end, achieve goals, prioritise and make decisions with speed and simplicity and keep deadlines. You also have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trustful relationships and to motivate others and to communicate verbally, visually and in writing in an inspirational way with IKEA tone of voice.
In this role you will be responsible for the realisation of the project objectives according to the specific project brief of one or several Retail Establishment Projects and contribute to development and continuous improvement of the way of working in Retail Establishment.
• be accountable for the project budget
• be responsible to deliver a project within time, budget and quality
• be responsible to make final decisions in a project
• take a leading role in the commercial planning and build up activities for the pre-projects
• be responsible to ensure a proper handover of projects to the line organisation
• document lessons learned through the project phases as well as a secure final report after the customer meeting point opening
• be responsible for steering group reporting
• work across different functions and lead people in different projects
• coordinate the planning process with Group Expansion
• take lead in working across functions within Ingka Group and collaborate with other IKEA units
• take lead in driving an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values
• lead positive change, and contribute to building a more unique, inclusive and accessible IKEA - guided by the People and Planet Positive commitments
In this role you will report to the Market Establishment Manager.
This role is located in Zaventem.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
With the customer at the heart of everything we do, the Market Expansion team takes responsibility for implementing the strategic expansion plan for our market. We act upon business needs based on market data and we optimize accessibility and penetration of the local market. We implement our retailing concepts and secure that we fully utilise our assets in the new world of IKEA – all at lowest cost, with economy of scale and sustained profitability.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
We welcome applications from within the entire INGKA group. We will evaluate all incoming applications to assess whether the job requirements are being met and will prioritise accordingly.
Please complete and upload your Talent Profile through the recruitment system accessible via IKEA INSIDE on the Business transformation page. Thanks for NOT uploading or emailing any other documents.
In order to guarantee an optimal recruitment process, we appreciate receiving your application at the earliest as possible.
The interviews for affected people will take place from 29th August until 11th September 2019.
The interviews for non-affected people will take place from 19th September until 25th September.
All applicants will be individually informed when a position is filled.
Due to the tight timeline, invitations to interviews will most likely be sent out with short notice and we truly appreciate your cooperation & understanding for this. Some interviews may be conducted over SKYPE (if needed to reduce travel).
Please note that you will not receive an instant automatic reply when submitting your application since the applications are processed manually. If you don’t receive a confirmation within three working days from the time you have submitted your application please contact email@example.com.